Thursday, February 28, 2013

3 Months Old!

Calvin is 3 months old! Time has flown, but it also feels in a way like he's always been here. I suppose that's because I couldn't imagine my life without him.

These days, Calvin is such a wonderfully happy baby. He smiles easily, and has been laughing for at least a few weeks now. It's so contagious! He cracks us up regularly; it's just so adorable! Things that make him laugh include funny voices/ sounds, big hand gestures, and when we laugh. To hear him laugh makes my heart burst!
Mr. Chuckles!
My happy-go-lucky baby enjoys TV (don't worry, we won't let that get out of hand), tummy time (as long as he's not hungry), cuddling with mama and exploring his world (often he's happiest being held facing out - he doesn't want to miss anything!). He loves music and dancing - how awesome it is to put on a vinyl record and rock it out with my baby!
checking out a DVD
Calvin frequently sleeps through the night; otherwise, he wakes only once, which I know is such a blessing. He rolled over for the first time (tummy to back) a couple of weeks ago, and he's just starting to take notice when we're eating - he's looking at our food and watching as it goes into our mouths. It may be a long wait to 6 months before he can start any solids!
Can I try that banana?
At his doctor's appointment this week (for sniffles and a cough - probably bronchiolitis - homeboy weighed in at 12lbs, 3.4oz, which is up 2lbs, 5oz in just 1 month! Since it wasn't a well-baby visit, we didn't get his length or percentiles, but I am impressed with his weight gain. It's easy to see how's he's changed - he's got a little tummy now and chunky monkey thighs. I knew he had a growth spurt!
the sticker says it all  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!