Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Remembering Kathy

Today, I remember in earnest my mother-in-law, Kathy.  This day marks one year since she passed.  Today, I remember all the light and love she brought to so many lives.

She welcomed me with open arms from the very start, and was always so very kind to me.  I knew then and I know now how lucky I was, and still am.

I'll always be grateful for her amazing generosity, for everything she did for us.  She gave us so much.

I'll always remember her bright, engaging personality, her giving, caring soul, her energy and zest for life, the way she could never quite get it right when she would try to tell a joke, the way she would cry when she laughed really, really hard.  

She was a fantastic woman and a wonderful mother to her children, Brian and Kristy.  I learned so much from her about how to be an amazingly loving and supportive mother, and I'll keep that with me for the rest of my life.

I'll always be so thankful to her for raising the incredible man who became my husband.

Kathy, I think of you often and I miss you very much.  I know you're always with us.  As surely as he'll know my dad, Calvin will know you, too.  Thank you so much for everything.

"In the rising of the sun and in its going down, we remember them.  In the glowing of the wind and in the chill of winter; In the opening of buds and in the rebirth of spring; In the blueness of the sky and in the warmth of summer; In the rustling of leaves and in the beauty of autumn; In the beginning of the year and when it ends; When we are weary and in the need of strength; When we are lost and sick at heart; When we have joys we yearn to share, we remember them. So long as we live, they too shall live, for they are now a part of us, as we remember them."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!